Fluent in both Spanish and English, Tina’s versatility is reflected in the significant successes that she has achieved in a wide variety of legal fields, including national and international business transactions, business litigation and commercial litigation with an emphasis in premises and products liability.
Despite a variety of practice areas, in her 27 year career Tina has consistently represented clients with real estate holdings on a national level and has assisted them in reducing their claims, not only by providing risk management advice, but also by drafting their service/lease agreements in such a way as to reduce their exposure. Tina has led training sessions and seminars for managers of commercial properties on issues of maintenance and safety. She has also led similar training sessions for companies that provide janitorial and security services to commercial properties.
Commercial & Business Litigation
Business Transactions (General Counsel)
Insurance Defense Litigation
Areas of Expertise
Corporate & Business Litigation
Premises and Products Liability
Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 1987
University of California at San Diego, B.A., 1983
University of California at Los Angeles
Extension, International Trade Courses
Supreme Court of California, 1988
US District Court for the Central District of California, 1989
San Fernando Valley Bar Association
Hispanic Business Network (Board of Directors since 2004)
Tina has been selected to both the National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals, as well as Southern California’s Super Lawyers. She is on the Board of Directors of the Hispanic Business Network, a non-profit organization devoted to helping and educating Latino business owners primarily in the San Fernando Valley. In September of 2010, she was chosen amongst thousands of professional women by the Board of Directors of the NAPW as Woman of the Year 2010 VIP member. In 2012, she became of member of Provisors, Encino III, a network of top business professionals who are considered trusted advisors by their clients.
In 1999, Ms. Alleguez was the co-founder of the law firm of Alleguez, Lieb & Williamson. The firm went through various transitions and in 2004 changed its name to Alleguez & Associates, Inc. In 2007, she co-founded the law firm of Alleguez & Selesnick, LLP and from 2009 to June of 2012 she was Of Counsel with the firm of Michelman & Robinson, LLP. In June of 2012 she co-founded the law firm of Alleguez & Newman, LLP.
• Representation of a multinational product manufacturer and one of its component manufacturers in one of several hundred lawsuits brought by homeowners and their insurers; successfully defended the manufacturers in California, up to and including the successful appeal of a complaint for declaratory relief against insurer that refused to provide defense and indemnity.
• Representation of shareholder in lawsuit for breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of funds, abuse of authority and involuntary dissolution, resulting in a significant judgment and award of punitive damages.
• Representation of record label against celebrity in federal court action alleging trademark infringement, fraud, intentional misrepresentation, and defamation.
• Formation and representation of US holding company with ownership interest in basketball franchises in Mexico.
• Representation of Mexican corporation in the negotiation and drafting of agreements with a Panamanian corporation with the intention of working together to solicit contract with the government of Panama in the area of public transportation.